Puppet Ploys and Scenarios

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papertalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:00 pm
PostPost subject: Puppet Ploys and Scenarios

Here are some classroom-engaging plunges into playful puppet communication that are easy to ?pull off.? Make up some more just like these and share them here.

Town Meetingll (History, Current Events, Oral Expression) ?StHand and Be Heard? Simulate Ye Old Town Meeting and start beating city hall at its own gamel Democracy, Civility, Literacy, Debate, the Courage to Speak Your Mind.

The Press Conference
(History, Current Events, Oral Expression) A little more daunting than the Town Meeting since the Leader-of-the Hour would be in the spotlight. But a word or two is anybody really needs to get a taste of speaking on your feet and addressing the issues.

Talk Show Interview (History, Biography, Current Events, Characterization, Public Speaking) When was the last time you talked with a Stomach, a Dorito, or Thomas Edison? It?s uproariously fun and even more educational! ?a classroom desk and some interesting questions are all you need.

?Wish You Were Here? (Geography, Letter Writing, Class Management)

Maybe if I leave, you can all be happy again and you will not fight. I love all of you and I will miss you very, very much.
Please remember to be kind and to share your things. Say nice thoughts to each other, too. Maybe someday I will return, when everyone has learned to share happily. I hope you will write me letters in Australia.
Love, Kerry Koala

(from ?A Puppet With a Purpose? by Mary Beth Spann?a reading on this web site)

What?s My Line? (Career Awareness-Builder) Based on the old TV-quiz show, contestants give clues about their line of work as the audience guesses.

?We Have a Guest Today...
Oh, where did he go? (hmm, he?s a little shy).?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dore dumas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:57 pm
PostPost subject:

Parts of the body. Have the students make their puppet a part of the body and then make a presentation about that baody part. Old nylon hose stuffed with batting make great intestines, styrofoam peanuts make great bones and ribs...just use your imagination.
Dore
ktan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:20 pm
PostPost subject: Re: Puppet Ploys and Scenarios

Hi Jeff,

?Wish You Were Here? (Geography, Letter Writing, Class Management)

Maybe if I leave, you can all be happy again and you will not fight. I love all of you and I will miss you very, very much.
Please remember to be kind and to share your things. Say nice thoughts to each other, too. Maybe someday I will return, when everyone has learned to share happily. I hope you will write me letters in Australia.
Love, Kerry Koala

A similar activity worked very well with my class of preschoolers when they got cranky at the end of the day. The puppet 'gets scared and hides' everytime they disturbed another member. Or the puppet cries aloud so much I get their attention once again.
I am going to conduct classes at a summer camp next month where children from a varied age group are expected. Will this work to manage such a class? I hope to have a puppet assistant for my class. Any suggestions?

Rgds
Aparna
papertalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:54 am
PostPost subject: Re: Puppet Ploys and Scenarios

ktan wrote:

I am going to conduct classes at a summer camp next month where children from a varied age group are expected. Will this work to manage such a class? I hope to have a puppet assistant for my class. Any suggestions?

Aparna.
Apologies. I somehow missed your post. I complain about the lack of communication in the forum, and I have 'forum communication' issues of my own. I promise to do better and be a model for better communication in my own forum.

Having said that, I would like to know how things went in summer camp. Did you have a puppet assistant conduct your class along with you. Please tell us about it here. If you have anything upcoming that I or anyone else can assist you with, please let me know.

Thank you for responding to Marcia's post. I plan to follow up too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: