New to the use of puppets.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaimas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 am
PostPost subject: New to the use of puppets.....

I am the Children's Librarian at a public library and I do classroom
> visits almost daily. I have never used a puppet, but the former
> librarian always did and I need to learn how! I need some ideas....some pointers.....anything anyone thinks may help a newcomer to the world of puppets!!
papertalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:46 am
PostPost subject: world of puppets

Jaime,

Anything I can do to help get you started? Just let me know. I am interested in your specific application in library work and outreach.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drrose

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:02 pm
PostPost subject:

I had an Intern use puppets in her reading group. She used only a pipe cleaner that I had her change into a large circle for the head. All the children had one too. As she read the "puppet" did the talking. If a child had a question or response to one of hers that child's puppet did the talking. I had explained to her that this simple puppet was like an ALTER EGO. This allows the child to "guess" at things and if there's a mistake it's the puppet's! This is not to excuse them to gradually take more responsibility for their actions, but for many too shy or uncertain to put themselves in front of the class, this technique is a BEGINNING. As they get older puppetry has other uses too, but for young children this works wonders.
Dr.Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: