Welcome from Lincoln UK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockymodo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:18 pm
PostPost subject: Welcome from Lincoln UK

Hi everyone,
Just to let you know who I am. I'm just coming to the end of a three year full time degree course "Drama in the Community" I've written my dissertation on Puppetry in Education/Child develpment. I'm a trained actor. Two years in London, have my own theatre company, I run a stand-up comedy course and I do a little bit of vocal entertaining though not as much as I used to. I've decided to combine all of my various skills in order to take puppetry into school and also to hopefully work with trainee teachers. I haven't started the Puppetools workshops yet, but as soon as my degree is over then I intend to dive in. I'll always be pleased to hear from any of you and I'll do my best to reply promptly.
Chris...
papertalker
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:12 pm
PostPost subject: welcome and greetings

Chris.

Great to have you on board. I am sure that members will be interested in reading your dissertation. Hopefully, after you've presented it for formal review (good luck!, by the way), you'll be free to post it here. At some point it would be interesting to hear from you on the topic in your email signature--the voice that made you do it--and its connection with receptivity to learning, empowerment, and playfulness in the box we call 'the classroom.'

I think teachers would also be interested in knowing what sorts of things you have gleaned over the years about human nature and communication as part of your comedy venue. Wouldn't it be great if teachers routinely called upon the skills and techniques of stand up and comedy to keep the interest and energy high! Perhaps, without giving away the farm, you'll be able to share.

Thanks for joining us, Chris!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Welcome All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: